Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ann ann is offline

Default Rollup worksheets into a master worksheet - automatically?

I would like to have three different people update their own product
lines within a master workbook. The master worksheet needs to retain
sorting ability. Is there a formula or macro I can use to pull this
information from three individual worksheets into the master workbook,
based on the user name? The master worksheet would then become "read
only".

* All column headers are the same
* The workbook would contain these worksheets: Master, Cathy, Laura,
Tonya

Thanks for your consideration.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I think I would have four workbooks. One for each of the users and the
master. Then any of the users could update their own workbook and could be
prevented from updating someone else's. Otherwise you'd need to share the
workbook to allow users to update simultaneously and some way of preventing
users accidently updating the wrong worksheet.

"Ann" wrote:

I would like to have three different people update their own product
lines within a master workbook. The master worksheet needs to retain
sorting ability. Is there a formula or macro I can use to pull this
information from three individual worksheets into the master workbook,
based on the user name? The master worksheet would then become "read
only".

* All column headers are the same
* The workbook would contain these worksheets: Master, Cathy, Laura,
Tonya

Thanks for your consideration.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ann ann is offline

Thanks for your feedback. Yes, four workbooks could be employed, but I still
need to pull the information into the master worksheet. Do you know of a
formula or macro to accomplish this?

"Ann" wrote:

I would like to have three different people update their own product
lines within a master workbook. The master worksheet needs to retain
sorting ability. Is there a formula or macro I can use to pull this
information from three individual worksheets into the master workbook,
based on the user name? The master worksheet would then become "read
only".

* All column headers are the same
* The workbook would contain these worksheets: Master, Cathy, Laura,
Tonya

Thanks for your consideration.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You say that all column headers are the same so it would be feasable to pull
in similar cells in each workbook based on the same cell co-ordinates but in
different workbooks i.e.

='[Cathy.xls]Sheet1'!$D$4+'[Laura.xls]Sheet1'!$D$4+'[Tonya.xls]Sheet1'!$D$4
etc