Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Inputting month and year only

How about a Data Validation for the date cell. Set up as Date 01/01/1900.
Input message as "Enter Date as mm/yy", Error message as "Try Again!". Then
format the cell itself as "mm/yy". The point here is to accept a Date Excel
can recognize, Ask the user to input a certain way and give an error message
if it is not a proper date. We do not force the user to enter mm/yy, just
ask them to. Most people will do as asked. For those who don't, and enter
dd/mm/yy or whatever, as long as it is a valid Date, it can be entered. The
cell format of mm/yy will display it the way you asked for, anyway. Since we
have not broken any of Excel's Date rules to achieve what we want, it should
adapt well to most any language.

Mike F

"mo_in_france" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello All

I require the user to input the month and year. For any date input I
like to use the Microsoft Month View control. However, in this case I
think this would be too much since I'm not interested in the specific
day, and I don't want the user to think that I am.

* Am I able to adapt the MonthView control to not show the days, but
just show the month and year pickers?
* Is there another ready-prepared control I could use

I'm trying to avoid using input boxes and self-prepared userforms,
because they're time consuming, and because I'd like the form to adapt
to the system language.

Thanks in advance