Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Copy and paste values for particular column

could someone tell me (i dont know how to write vba code at all) what vba
code to use to do the following:

I just want to be able to press like CTRL+SHIFT+U (or something like that)
and have a box come up and in the box i type W, or XW, OR AA...pretty much
some column. THEN push enter or something and have the script automatically
copy that entire column and repaste that columns values on itself. (so its no
longer a column filled with formulas that yield a value, but its a column
filled with those particular values)

Thanks so much in advance.

OOOHH or if it would be easier, it wouldn't even have to have that box crap
come up, it could just use whatever column that the particular cell that has
a box around it is in.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

see if this does what you want

With ActiveCell.Columns
.EntireColumn.Copy
.EntireColumn.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Operation:=xlNone,
SkipBlanks _
:=False, Transpose:=False

End With
Application.CutCopyMode = False

--

Gary

"Derek Y via OfficeKB.com" <u13919@uwe wrote in message
could someone tell me (i dont know how to write vba code at all) what vba
code to use to do the following:

I just want to be able to press like CTRL+SHIFT+U (or something like that)
and have a box come up and in the box i type W, or XW, OR AA...pretty much
some column. THEN push enter or something and have the script
automatically
copy that entire column and repaste that columns values on itself. (so its
no
longer a column filled with formulas that yield a value, but its a column
filled with those particular values)

Thanks so much in advance.

OOOHH or if it would be easier, it wouldn't even have to have that box
crap
come up, it could just use whatever column that the particular cell that
has
a box around it is in.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sub ChangeToValues()
With ActiveCell
With Intersect(ActiveSheet.UsedRange,.EntireColumn)
.Formula = .Value
End With
End With

Tom Ogilvy

could someone tell me (i dont know how to write vba code at all) what vba
code to use to do the following:

I just want to be able to press like CTRL+SHIFT+U (or something like that)
and have a box come up and in the box i type W, or XW, OR AA...pretty much
some column. THEN push enter or something and have the script

automatically
copy that entire column and repaste that columns values on itself. (so its

no
longer a column filled with formulas that yield a value, but its a column
filled with those particular values)

Thanks so much in advance.

OOOHH or if it would be easier, it wouldn't even have to have that box

crap
come up, it could just use whatever column that the particular cell that

has
a box around it is in.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tom,
Let me ask you about the program you have posted it. What happen if I just
want to change to values just €śCell A1€ť, €śCell C2,€ťand Cell F4€ť. Could you
please tell me how can I modify the program for these specific cells?

Thanks.
Maperalia

could someone tell me (i dont know how to write vba code at all) what vba
code to use to do the following:

I just want to be able to press like CTRL+SHIFT+U (or something like that)
and have a box come up and in the box i type W, or XW, OR AA...pretty much
some column. THEN push enter or something and have the script

automatically
copy that entire column and repaste that columns values on itself. (so its

no
longer a column filled with formulas that yield a value, but its a column
filled with those particular values)

Thanks so much in advance.

OOOHH or if it would be easier, it wouldn't even have to have that box

crap
come up, it could just use whatever column that the particular cell that

has
a box around it is in.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sub aa()
For Each cell In Range("A1,C2,F4")
.Formula = .Value
End With

Tom Ogilvy

"maperalia" wrote in message
Tom,
Let me ask you about the program you have posted it. What happen if I just
want to change to values just "Cell A1", "Cell C2,"and Cell F4". Could you

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sorry, that got sent before I finished modifying it.

Sub aa()
Dim cell as Range
For Each cell In Range("A1,C2,F4")
cell.Formula = cell.Value
Next

Tom Ogilvy

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tom;
Thank you very much the program have ben running WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!

Best Regards.
Maperalia