Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Highlighting entire row

Hello everyone,

I know how to change color for the active cell
(ActiveCell.Interior.Colorindex=15) in Worksheet_SelectionChange Sub,
but how can I change the color for the entire row where active cell is
located? And to be more challenging, I want to change default color
back when active cell is out of highlighted row.

--
escelinen
escelinen's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27966

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Escelinen,

See Chip Pearson's highlighting page at:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/excelM...ightActiveCell

---
Regards,
Norman

"escelinen" wrote
in message ...

Hello everyone,

I know how to change color for the active cell
(ActiveCell.Interior.Colorindex=15) in Worksheet_SelectionChange Sub,
but how can I change the color for the entire row where active cell is
located? And to be more challenging, I want to change default color
back when active cell is out of highlighted row.

--
escelinen
escelinen's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=475704

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

that did help, norman, thanks. i almost had it but wasn't quite sure how to
sotre the last range

i adapted chip's code to highlight the entire row in case the op wanted it
that way

Static OldRange As Range
On Error Resume Next
Target.EntireRow.Interior.ColorIndex = 6 ' yellow - change as needed
OldRange.EntireRow.Interior.ColorIndex = xlColorIndexNone
Set OldRange = Target

Gary

"Norman Jones" wrote in message
Hi Escelinen,

See Chip Pearson's highlighting page at:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/excelM...ightActiveCell

---
Regards,
Norman

"escelinen" wrote
in message ...

Hello everyone,

I know how to change color for the active cell
(ActiveCell.Interior.Colorindex=15) in Worksheet_SelectionChange Sub,
but how can I change the color for the entire row where active cell is
located? And to be more challenging, I want to change default color
back when active cell is out of highlighted row.

--
escelinen
escelinen's Profile:
View this thread:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

That really solved the problem! Thank's a lot :

--
esceline
escelinen's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2796

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jzz Jzz is offline

Hi all
I've tried the code and it works more beautifull when you write it like
this:

Static OldRange As Range
On Error Resume Next
OldRange.EntireRow.Interior.ColorIndex = xlColorIndexNone
Target.EntireRow.Interior.ColorIndex = 6 ' yellow - change as needed
Set OldRange = Target

End Sub

First change the oldrange to None and than change the newrange to
yellow.
Otherwise there is a problem when the new range contains the old range
(for example old range = B4 and new range = B2:B6). Then the old range
is set to blank after the new range is yellow.

Grtz,

Jzz