Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default macro for copying

Hi all

I am trying to create a macro that copies from a txt file into excel but it
does not work.

I have a excel file with 12 sheets for each month and in each 5 columns headed
year, period,account,location,value.

I want it to get info from a txt file and paste it in columnsC,D and E.
The problem is that it doesn't give me the chance to everytime I run it,
choose which file to get the info from (there are a few txt files to chose
from) or what tab to paste it to.
Is there a way to create this macro?

Any help would be very much appreciated. I have excel 2000 pro.

Thanks