Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macro for copying value

Hi everybody:
I am totally illeterate in excel and need some guidence. I have
spreadsheet with 3 pages

1)product
2)dept_prd
3)variant

in product page column A is called pf_id the same value in dept_prod i
in column B and the same value in variant is in column B.
Is there a way that when I insert a *pf_id* in to my product page i
inserts it to the other 2 pages automatically and if I delete the sam
value it does it from other pages too.

Thank

--
babak6
babak62's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2690

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Bill:
The problem is that these 3 sheets can not have the same layout because
they are very different the first one has 12 fields the 2dn one 2 and
the 3rd one 5 so no matter what I do I can not get it unified. any
ideas???

--
babak62
babak62's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26905

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

To achieve what you wanted you only have to insert a column in th
product sheet. this column will be the a column and the b column wil
have the product pf_id same as the other two sheets.
you could hide the inserted column.

Th other way is to have a formula in the b columns of sheet 2 and shee
3 which will refer back to sheet1 a column.

I.e for example in the sheet dept_prod cell B1 you could enter
=product!A1 and extend that down the column.

have fu

--
bill

bill k's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...info&userid=82