Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Insert Template Sheet?

Hi There,

Does a Template SHEET exist?

Is it possible to "pre-define" a worksheet?
So that when you click:
InsertWorksheet you get your Template Worksheet?, instead of the
standard Blank.

If you right-click your sheet: Insert... you can select a Template to
insert. That's already something.
But is it possible to change the standard Worksheet to my own "Template
worksheet"?

Brgds Sige

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

create a workbook with your single sheet template and name it Sheet.xlt and
place it in your xlstart directory.

Tom Ogilvy

"Sige" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi There,

Does a Template SHEET exist?

Is it possible to "pre-define" a worksheet?
So that when you click:
InsertWorksheet you get your Template Worksheet?, instead of the
standard Blank.

If you right-click your sheet: Insert... you can select a Template to
insert. That's already something.
But is it possible to change the standard Worksheet to my own "Template
worksheet"?

Brgds Sige

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Sige,

Create a single sheet workbook. Set up the sheet to meet your requirements,
Save the sheet, selecting Template)*.xlt) from the 'Save as type' dropdown.
Save the sheet with a descriptive name.

If you want to change the default worksheet, save the template sheet as
Sheet.xlt, saving it in the XLStart folder.

---
Regards,
Norman

"Sige" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi There,

Does a Template SHEET exist?

Is it possible to "pre-define" a worksheet?
So that when you click:
InsertWorksheet you get your Template Worksheet?, instead of the
standard Blank.

If you right-click your sheet: Insert... you can select a Template to
insert. That's already something.
But is it possible to change the standard Worksheet to my own "Template
worksheet"?

Brgds Sige

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The naming Sheet.xlt plays a crucial role in it I guess?

Creating a new standard workboook... follows a similar pattern?
But what name does it need? Workbook.xlt?

Cheers Sige

Sige wrote:
Thank you guys!

"Sige" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi There,

Does a Template SHEET exist?

Is it possible to "pre-define" a worksheet?
So that when you click:
InsertWorksheet you get your Template Worksheet?, instead of the
standard Blank.

If you right-click your sheet: Insert... you can select a Template to
insert. That's already something.
But is it possible to change the standard Worksheet to my own "Template
worksheet"?

Brgds Sige

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Sige,

Creating a new standard workboook... follows a similar pattern?
But what name does it need? Workbook.xlt?

Almost! Use: Book.xlt

---
Regards,
Norman

"Sige" wrote in message
oups.com...
The naming Sheet.xlt plays a crucial role in it I guess?

Creating a new standard workboook... follows a similar pattern?
But what name does it need? Workbook.xlt?

Cheers Sige

Sige wrote:
Thank you guys!

"Sige" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi There,

Does a Template SHEET exist?

Is it possible to "pre-define" a worksheet?
So that when you click:
InsertWorksheet you get your Template Worksheet?, instead of the
standard Blank.

If you right-click your sheet: Insert... you can select a Template
insert. That's already something.
But is it possible to change the standard Worksheet to my own
"Template
worksheet"?

Brgds Sige

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming