Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Copy problem with cells which have Wrap Text property specified

Hi All.

I create workbooks using MS Excel 2003. First I copy the data itself, then I
copy the data formats (using PasteSpecial Formats). I copied a range of rows
(1:23) and all the rows which have the Wrap Text property specified didn't
change their height. I find the following explanation: when Excel copies the
format of the row it also copies its height. I can change the rows height to
the required by using UsedRange.EntireRow.AutoFit method.

But when I do that, the rows, which have the Marge Cells and Wrap Text
properties specified and user-defined cells width change their height to
standard (i.e. they get the height of standard row, my setting is 17
pixels).

It's understood, that only a part of cell's text is visible, which, of
course, doesn't meet my requirements at all.

I noticed the following thing: if I've saved the workbook, closed the
workbook and opened it again, all rows, which had Merge Cells and Wrap Text
properties specified, hadn't change their height, but rows, which had only
Wrap Text property specified expanded to the required size.

Is there a way to perform this operation without saving and closing the
workbook?

Thanks, Didi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Didi,

See the final post from Jim Rech in the following thread:

http://tinyurl.com/aknxy

---
Regards,
Norman