Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bob Bob is offline

Default excel limit data entry range, control cursor movement to 2 cols

control cursor movement to 2 columns, left to right, jump to line 2. Able to
protect columns to right, but cursor jumps to column 3.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can limit the scroll area. In the VBE select the sheet you want to limit
and then in the properties set the scroll area to the two columns you want...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Bob" wrote:

control cursor movement to 2 columns, left to right, jump to line 2. Able to
protect columns to right, but cursor jumps to column 3.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bob Bob is offline

Default excel limit data entry range, control cursor movement to 2 col

Found VBE: Tools - Macro - VBE
Screen goes to gray, only selection I see is "save", I don't see how to
select a sheet, and don't see any menu drop down for properties. Read about
VBE, but not used...

"Bob" wrote:

control cursor movement to 2 columns, left to right, jump to line 2. Able to
protect columns to right, but cursor jumps to column 3.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There are a couple of parts to the VBE that are important here. They are all
selected from the view menu

Project Explorer - Gives you a data treee structure similar to windows
explorer but it shows the workbooks and worksheets and any code modules or
forms that yu have. It is here htat you cna select which sheet you want to
modify by double clicking the sheet.

Properties - This gives you a list of properties for the itme you select in
the project explorer. This is where you will find a setting for the scroll
area.

Code Window - Not important for this task but it is where you would write
code if that was you plan...

By clicking on the itmes in the view tab you can make the different windows
visible.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson