Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to create Help Text?

I want to create a help window which, the users of my Excel sheet refer to.

I should be able to change the Contents of this help window without changing
the script (probably type this somewhere in another sheet).

I should be able to assign this to a button and with a click of which,
window should appear (no OK or cancel buttons, but the minimize, maximize and
close icons should be displayed).

User should be able to swithch between the help window and the excel sheet
(I don't want my users to close the help window to use the Excel)

Thanks,
--
Baapi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I thought you might want to keep it simple.
Otherwise you may try a modeless userform with a minimize and maximize
buttons added via the Windows API.
Obviously more complex, but it would fit the bill.
Another option would be to make a help file with one of the freeware help
file packages.

RBS

"Baapi" wrote in message
I want to create a help window which, the users of my Excel sheet refer
to.

I should be able to change the Contents of this help window without
changing
the script (probably type this somewhere in another sheet).

I should be able to assign this to a button and with a click of which,
window should appear (no OK or cancel buttons, but the minimize,
maximize
and
close icons should be displayed).

User should be able to swithch between the help window and the excel
sheet
(I don't want my users to close the help window to use the Excel)

Thanks,
--
Baapi

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JNW JNW is offline

I'm currently creating a help file in word and saving it as a webpage. That
way you can create different files and link them easily. Plus it's easy to
accomodate for asthetics in Word.