Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Dynamic Columns in Named Ranges

I have set the following dynamic Named Range. Note that the Columns are
static 15, not dynamic as I'd like. There seems to be no "CountA" equivalent
for rows!?

=OFFSET(Template!R2C1,0,0,COUNTA(Template!C1)-1,15)

Can you help? I've searched these postings for all dynamic named-range
info, but it all relates to Rows. I cannot find a Column example. It's
amazing how much time a person can spend on a simple unknown.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You could try someting like:

=OFFSET(Template!R2C1,0,0,COUNTA(Template!C1)-1,COUNTA(Template!R1))

I assume you have headings in row 1 that can be counted and that you wish to
exclude from the named range. Change R1 to R2 if you want to drive the range
according to the data in row 2.

John Green - Excel MVP

"Pontificateur" wrote in message
I have set the following dynamic Named Range. Note that the Columns are
static 15, not dynamic as I'd like. There seems to be no "CountA"
equivalent
for rows!?

=OFFSET(Template!R2C1,0,0,COUNTA(Template!C1)-1,15)

Can you help? I've searched these postings for all dynamic named-range
info, but it all relates to Rows. I cannot find a Column example. It's
amazing how much time a person can spend on a simple unknown.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I have used
CountA(Template!R1)
or
Counta(Template!R1C1:R1C25)
in worksheets, and the equivalent in code.

Not sure if this applies to your problem...

--
steveB

Remove "AYN" from email to respond
"Pontificateur" wrote in message
I have set the following dynamic Named Range. Note that the Columns are
static 15, not dynamic as I'd like. There seems to be no "CountA"
equivalent
for rows!?

=OFFSET(Template!R2C1,0,0,COUNTA(Template!C1)-1,15)

Can you help? I've searched these postings for all dynamic named-range
info, but it all relates to Rows. I cannot find a Column example. It's
amazing how much time a person can spend on a simple unknown.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yep! For some reason people associate Counta with columns, ONLY...
It should work on ANY range, including non contiguous ranges.
Counta(rng1, rng2, rng3,.....)

--

"STEVE BELL" wrote:

I have used
CountA(Template!R1)
or
Counta(Template!R1C1:R1C25)
in worksheets, and the equivalent in code.

Not sure if this applies to your problem...

--
steveB

Remove "AYN" from email to respond
"Pontificateur" wrote in