Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
STEVE BELL STEVE BELL is offline

Default Dynamic Columns in Named Ranges

Yep! For some reason people associate Counta with columns, ONLY...
It should work on ANY range, including non contiguous ranges.
Counta(rng1, rng2, rng3,.....)

--
steveB

Remove "AYN" from email to respond
"Pontificateur" wrote in message
Thank you! Steve and John. I believe you guys got it thru my head that
the
CountA function works against whatever range arguement I provide.
(Sheepish
grin!)

"STEVE BELL" wrote:

I have used
CountA(Template!R1)
or
Counta(Template!R1C1:R1C25)
in worksheets, and the equivalent in code.

Not sure if this applies to your problem...

--
steveB

Remove "AYN" from email to respond
"Pontificateur" wrote in
message
I have set the following dynamic Named Range. Note that the Columns are
static 15, not dynamic as I'd like. There seems to be no "CountA"
equivalent
for rows!?

=OFFSET(Template!R2C1,0,0,COUNTA(Template!C1)-1,15)

Can you help? I've searched these postings for all dynamic named-range
info, but it all relates to Rows. I cannot find a Column example.
It's
amazing how much time a person can spend on a simple unknown.