Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default [Group] Workbook?

I have several workbooks with multiple worksheets using the same macros. For
some reason, the macros are not working in one workbook. (They've been
working for months ... just suddenly stopped working in this one workbook.)

The only difference I notice is that this one particular workbook with the
problem opens with [Group] (in brackets) shown at the end of the workbook
name. I can't find out what this means using HELP.

Can someone please explain to me ... and also how I can "turn it off"?

Hopefully, that will solve my problem.

Thanks!!

Cindy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Cindy,

The {Group] indicates that two, or more, worksheets have been grouped.

When grouped, many changes made in one grouped sheet, are reflected in each
of the other grouped sheets.

To ungroup, right-click a sheet tab: if the sheet is a grouped sheet, the
Ungroup command will appear at the head of the right-click menu; if the
sheet whose tab is clicked is not a grouped sheet, al sheets will
immediately ungroup.

---
Regards,
Norman

"ckrogers" wrote in message
I have several workbooks with multiple worksheets using the same macros.
For
some reason, the macros are not working in one workbook. (They've been
working for months ... just suddenly stopped working in this one
workbook.)

The only difference I notice is that this one particular workbook with the
problem opens with [Group] (in brackets) shown at the end of the workbook
name. I can't find out what this means using HELP.

Can someone please explain to me ... and also how I can "turn it off"?

Hopefully, that will solve my problem.

Thanks!!

Cindy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you look at the worksheet tabs at the bottom of the window, you'll see you
have multiple worksheets selected (or grouped).

You can right click on any of them and select Ungroup Sheets to, er, ungroup
them.

I'm not sure how that affected your macro, though.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

That is a thing of beauty ... thank you so much!!
The macros were sorting a specific area on the worksheets ... the grouping
must have confused it.
Thanks again!
Cindy

"ckrogers" wrote in message
I have several workbooks with multiple worksheets using the same macros.
For
some reason, the macros are not working in one workbook. (They've been
working for months ... just suddenly stopped working in this one
workbook.)

The only difference I notice is that this one particular workbook with the
problem opens with [Group] (in brackets) shown at the end of the workbook
name. I can't find out what this means using HELP.

Can someone please explain to me ... and also how I can "turn it off"?

Hopefully, that will solve my problem.

Thanks!!

Cindy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The macro was sorting a specific area of each worksheet and grouping must
have confused it.
Ungrouping them solved my problem. Thanks so much!
Cindy