Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Signatures

I am trying to figure out a way to let users "sign" an spreadsheet for
approval. We could accept them typing there initials in a cell, but we need
to authenticate that it was that person. Is there any way to do this?
Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Get the login id and put it in yourself, they get no option

Range("A1").Value = Environ("UserName")
Range("B1").Value = Form at(Now, "dd mmm yyyy hh:mm:ss")

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Jasmine" wrote in message
I am trying to figure out a way to let users "sign" an spreadsheet for
approval. We could accept them typing there initials in a cell, but we

need
to authenticate that it was that person. Is there any way to do this?
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Jasmine,

What event would trigger the signing, a change in (a certain) cell(s),
closing the workbook, or what?

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Jasmine" wrote in message
I am trying to figure out a way to let users "sign" an spreadsheet for
approval. We could accept them typing there initials in a cell, but we

need
to authenticate that it was that person. Is there any way to do this?
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Jasmine,

I was suggesting an automatic way of signing, not needing your user to do
anything.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Jasmine" wrote in message
I am trying to figure out a way to let users "sign" an spreadsheet

for
approval. We could accept them typing there initials in a cell,

but we
need
to authenticate that it was that person. Is there any way to do

this?
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I am trying to make my excel sheet automatically give off the date and time
when some data is inputted into the cells next to it. I managed to do this
with this code but wanted to add the security that the person signing off is
actually authentic. I tried to insert your code into my previous code and it
kept giving me "Method "Value" of Object "Range" failed". Do you have any
suggestions?

On Error GoTo EndItAll
Application.EnableEvents = False
If Target.Cells.Column = 5 Or Target.Cells.Column = 8 Or
Target.Cells.Column = 11 Then
ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:="justme"
For Each cell In Target
If cell.Value < "" Then
With cell.Offset(0, 1)
.Value = Now