Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Transparent picture background

I want to display a picture with a transparent background in an image
control on a form. The picture is very simple and I have just drawn it
in Paint with the Image/Draw Opaque option unchecked. I have tried
saving in various file formats (.bmp, .jpg, .gif) but always the
background appears white. I also tried with Photoshop without success
(although I don't really know what I'm doing with that program).

I have seen various posts around this topic - some which say API calls
are required, others which say you need to set a picture mask, and
others which suggest a decent picture editor will do the trick (but no
examples). Can anyone shed any light on this for me? (I am using
XL2000)

Thanks,
Andrew