Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Freezing the top line of a sheet with visual basic

Hi;

I have a workbook with three sheets - Search Form, Results and Data Table.
The search form allows the user to type in information into one of ten
fields. Each field is aasociated with a column in the data table ; any hits
go into the results sheet. The header row of the data table goes in as the
top row of the results sheet. I'd like to freeze the results top row so that
when someone scrolls through, the top row stays on top so the user can see
the column descriptions. Also. I'd like to have the header row of the results
sheet print out no matter where the user has scrolled to.

I saw the following code in another post but it gave me a "run-time error 9:
subscript out of range" error; the second line was indicated as the culprit:

Worksheets("Sheet3").Activate
Sheet3.Range("A1:J1").Select
ActiveWindow.FreezePanes = True

Any help is greatly appreciated.