Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Close button greyed-out???

The "X" at the top right of the excel application has been somehow disabled
on a co-workers PC.

How is this even possible?

The only way to exit from excel on that PC is to use the FILEEXIT menu
path. I looked through options but didnt see anything that looked like it
would toggle this feature.

The PC is running XP and excel2002. Where is this setting?

John
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi John,

Choose Tools/Add-ins from the Excel menu on the affected computer and
unselect all the add-ins there. Next, shut down Excel and remove any files
from the XLStart directories (there's one under the Office installation path
and one in the user's profile under \Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\).
Start Excel again and see if this solves the problem.

--
Rob Bovey, Excel MVP
Application Professionals

* Take your Excel development skills to the next level.
* Professional Excel Development
http://www.appspro.com/Books/Books.htm