Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
chris shea

Default 'close group' options greyed out

Upon opening multiple instances of excel xp\2003, the usual button appears on
the toolbar at the bottom of the screen with a number indicating how many
instances I have open. When I right click this button all options to 'Close
Group', 'Minimize Group', 'Tile Vertically', 'Tile Horizontally' + 'Cascade'
are greyed out.

This occurs only with Excel and occurs with all user if this version. I have
scoured the web and found masses of people with the same issue,
unsurprisingly no answers.

This issue has been doing the rounds for a while, does any0ne have any
solutions or at least shed some light on it?

thanks

chris