Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Calculate Time

This is probably really simple but here you go.

I'm trying to convert hours worked into actual time.

If I worked 7.75 hours I want it to display 7:45 (7 hours 45 minutes).
How can I accomplish this? I would like for this to calculate since I
work by project and keep track of the minutes/hours I've spent working
on that project.

Changed Battery .25 (.25 being 15 minutes)
Changed Tire 1.75 (1.75 being 1 hour 45 minutes)
Checked Oil .25

Total: 2:15 Total Time

Any help would be great... any SIMPLE answer is greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If 7.75 is in A1 and you want the conversion to be shown in B1, then
apply this custom format to B1 :

[h]:mm

and then in B1 enter this formula :

=A1/24

B1 will then display 7:45

Neil

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Leave the values in the cells as you have them. That makes caluclations a lot
easier.
Just change the cells' FORMAT to [HH]:MM
This changes the way we SEE the data, not the data itself. the square
bracket allows values of 24 or greater to be shown.