Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How working with Access Databases through Excel 2003 Standar Editi

Hello

I have troubles when work with databases through VBA Codes in Excel 2003
Standar Edition. How or what is the way to do?

Also, the instruction chr(13) not is acceptable in VBA Codes of Excel 2000
or 2003 Standar Edition.

My example:

Dim cnn As New ADODB.Connection
Set cnn = New Connection
dbName = ("C:\Data\MYDataBase1.mdb")
With cnn
.Provider = "Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0"
.Mode = adModeWrite
.Properties("Jet OLEDB:Database Password") = "abc"
.Open dbName
End With

'Create the recordset
Dim rs As ADODB.Recordset
Set rs = New Recordset

'Determines what records to show
Dim strSQL As String
strSQL = "DROP TABLE MYTABLE;"

'Retreive the records
rs.CursorLocation = adUseClient
rs.Open strSQL, cnn

'close connection
cnn.Close
Set cnn = Nothing
Set rs = Nothing

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

1.) Show us what you're doing and tell us what happens when you try.

2.) Give this a go.

Dim cnn As ADODB.Connection
Dim strSQL As String
Set cnn = New ADODB.Connection
cnn .Open "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & _
"Data Source='C:\Data\MYDataBase1.mdb'"
strSQL = "DROP TABLE MYTABLE;"
cnn.Execute strSQL
cnn.Close