Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Exporting to Excel

I have a report that is in Adobe Acrobat Reader. I would like to know if
there is a way to export this file to Excel and break it down into columns.
I have failed in my attempts to copy it over and need help. There is
information such as part numbers on the Adobe file that I would like to put
into Excel and then sort them. Any ideas?
--
Tater
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Convert the pdf file to HTML with the freeware program pdftohtml:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdftohtml

Then open the HTML document, select all and copy and paste in Excel.

There might be better ways, but this does works.

RBS

"Tater" wrote in message
I have a report that is in Adobe Acrobat Reader. I would like to know if
there is a way to export this file to Excel and break it down into
columns.
I have failed in my attempts to copy it over and need help. There is
information such as part numbers on the Adobe file that I would like to
put
into Excel and then sort them. Any ideas?
--
Tater

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

First put your pdf file in the same folder as your program pdftohtml.exe.

It is a command line program, so start the command prompt via Start,
Programs, Accessories
Change to the directory where the program is, so this will be something
like:
cd C:\Program Files\PDF2HTML\pdftohtml-0.36 if that is where you put it

Press Return

Then type: pdftohtml PDFFile.pdf (obviously change the file name to
yours)

Press Return

The HTML output will be in the same folder.

RBS