Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Sharing File on server

Is it possible to have a network use the same file at the same time and all
changes saved to the 1 file. I am writing a database so 7 people can use it
at my workplace but the problem is that if only 1 person can access it at a
certain time I will have to rethink my stratergy.

Thanks

Greg

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It is a built in function of MS Access. No need to do anything special.
What is the problem in implementing this?

--
JamieMorien
JamieMorien's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=19499

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can share workbooks, but there are limitations.
See:
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"browie" wrote in message
Is it possible to have a network use the same file at the same time and
all changes saved to the 1 file. I am writing a database so 7 people can
use it at my workplace but the problem is that if only 1 person can access
it at a certain time I will have to rethink my stratergy.

Thanks

Greg

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I am guessing he is creating a database in Excel, not Access.

So, why can't you save it as a Shared Workbook?
Tools - Share Workbook, click "Allow changes ..." on the Editing tab.

"JamieMorien"
wrote in message

It is a built in function of MS Access. No need to do anything special.
What is the problem in implementing this?

--
JamieMorien
JamieMorien's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=399320

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yeah thanks for that, I looked throught the options and found it. Feel like
a bit of a twit.

Thanks for your help

Greg

wrote in message

It is a built in function of MS Access. No need to do anything special.
What is the problem in implementing this?

--
JamieMorien
JamieMorien's Profile:
View this thread: