Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default designing a form that will update each month

I am trying to take an existing form we use and name the critical fields in
it. Each month there are columns at the bottom of the form and when I put
each months numbers in I want it to carry to the top and fill in . Does any
one have some suggestions here, I'm new at this stuff.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

What about this?

Insert an invisible sheet.
Make a function that gets the actual date in months (number of today
date counted in months). Write the number to the new sheet, and compare
the actual month with the stored one. Everytime them are different you
can say you are on the next month, so you can do your changes here, and
also write the new month to the cell.

I have not done this myself, but I think this can work, (if it can't be
done, tell someone please).

EDIT:: Ok, I re-read your post, and I think this is not maybe what you
were really talking about, sorry.

Sorry, my english is not good, I really don't understand what you are
trying to do...

--
baldomero
baldomero's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25680

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Rose,

It's difficult to understand what you are looking for. But if it is
something that you can do manually (without code) than you can do it with
code or with formulas or both.

The trick is having a concise plan of what you want to do.

Think about it and post back...

--
steveB

Remove "AYN" from email to respond
"Rose" wrote in message
I am trying to take an existing form we use and name the critical fields in
it. Each month there are columns at the bottom of the form and when I put
each months numbers in I want it to carry to the top and fill in . Does
any
one have some suggestions here, I'm new at this stuff.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Okay Steve here it goes. I have a two page invoice process for a program
that I am contract manager for. I'm trying to automate the data input
portion. The second page of the invoice is more or less the back up. What
happens is each month the provider gets a prepayment at the beginning of the
month (for the month we are in. During the month they get a second
prepayment (for the next month) and then at the end of the months they have
to reconcile these transactions to Actuals. This happens every month. I
have a spread sheet that does the true up calculations at the bottom of the
area. At the top there is entry area for Admin. costs etc. and then program
costs based on job codes. These job codes are generted at the bottom. I
need to keep the history so I don't want to clear out the bottom of the
worksheet. What I want to do is when I put Payment Date in the sheet. The
program code cells at the top will fill in from the appropriate month at the
bottom and by appropriate code, which I have spelled out. Does that help at
all. I appreciate your suggesting to sit down and repost. Thanks alot

Rose

"Rose" wrote in message
I am trying to take an existing form we use and name the critical fields in
it. Each month there are columns at the bottom of the form and when I put
each months numbers in I want it to carry to the top and fill in . Does
any
one have some suggestions here, I'm new at this stuff.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Rose,

It sounds doable (but everything sounds doable in Excel).

Which version are you using? I am using xl2k.

If you would like - send me the file and I'll have a look at it
and see what can be done.