Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel

I am trying to program a macro in Excel that when you run it, it puts the
date and time in the top-left header and the pathname in the bottom right
footer. I also want the worksheet in the center header. I have it where all
of this takes place. However, I want it to not label the center header if it
is the default name (Sheet1, Sheet2, Sheet3, etc.). Below is the programming
I have done, but I can't seem to get the Default name not to show. Can
anyone give me some help or advice. Thanks!

ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = ""
With ActiveSheet.PageSetup
.LeftHeader = "&D" & Chr(10) & "&T"
.CenterHeader = "&A"
If CenterHeader = "Sheet1" Then
CenterHeader = ""
End If
If CenterHeader = "Sheet2" Then
CenterHeader = ""
End If
If CenterHeader = "Sheet3" Then
CenterHeader = ""
End If
.RightHeader = ""
.LeftFooter = ""
.CenterFooter = ""
.RightFooter = "&Z&F"
.LeftMargin = Application.InchesToPoints(0.75)
.RightMargin = Application.InchesToPoints(0.75)
.TopMargin = Application.InchesToPoints(1)
.BottomMargin = Application.InchesToPoints(1)
.HeaderMargin = Application.InchesToPoints(0.5)
.FooterMargin = Application.InchesToPoints(0.5)
.PrintHeadings = False
.PrintGridlines = False
.PrintComments = xlPrintNoComments
.CenterHorizontally = False
.CenterVertically = False
.Orientation = xlPortrait
.Draft = False
.PaperSize = xlPaperLetter
.FirstPageNumber = xlAutomatic
.Order = xlDownThenOver
.BlackAndWhite = False
.Zoom = 100
.PrintErrors = xlPrintErrorsDisplayed
End With
End Sub

Aaron

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Is this what you mean?

ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = ""
With ActiveSheet.PageSetup
.LeftHeader = "&D" & Chr(10) & "&T"
.CenterHeader = "&A"
If ActiveSheet.Name = ActiveSheet.CodeName Then
CenterHeader = ""
Else
.CenterHeader = "&A"

--

HTH

RP

"KnightRiderAW" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Unfortunately, this doesn't work. I also tried to do variations on what you
had suggested by removing the CenterHeader Command prior to the IF THEN
statement and also adding a period in front of the first CenterHeader Command
in the IF THEN statement. None of the three options worked. They still list
the Sheet1 at the top of the page. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!
Aaron

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Is this what you mean?

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It does exactly what I thought you were trying to do, so I guess I don't
understand what it is you want.

What are you trying to do exactly?

--

HTH

RP

"KnightRiderAW" wrote in message
Unfortunately, this doesn't work. I also tried to do variations on what

you
had suggested by removing the CenterHeader Command prior to the IF THEN
statement and also adding a period in front of the first CenterHeader

Command
in the IF THEN statement. None of the three options worked. They still

list
the Sheet1 at the top of the page. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!
Aaron

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Is this what you mean?

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Bob,

What I am trying to do is make so that the Excel Tab name will appear at the
top center of the page when you print. However, if it has the default name
(Sheet1, Sheet2, etc.), I don't want to appear at all. When I put your
coding suggestion into the macro, it still shows Sheet1 at the top of the
page. I am trying to get rid of that only if it is the default. Thanks!

Aaron

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

It does exactly what I thought you were trying to do, so I guess I don't
understand what it is you want.

What are you trying to do exactly?

--

HTH

RP

"KnightRiderAW" wrote in message
Unfortunately, this doesn't work. I also tried to do variations on what

you
had suggested by removing the CenterHeader Command prior to the IF THEN
statement and also adding a period in front of the first CenterHeader

Command
in the IF THEN statement. None of the three options worked. They still

list
the Sheet1 at the top of the page. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!
Aaron

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Is this what you mean?

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Aaron,

Not for me it doesn't. Are you wanting it to be automatic, at print time, or
will you run that macro for each worksheet?

--

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

[...]

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Is this what you mean?

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Bob,

Our accounting staff are required to place these items on all of there Excel
and Word Printouts for tracking purposes. I am creating a toolbar button
that they can push that will automate this step for them. When they click on
Print Preview (or even print it), we don't want a default name to show up,
but if the name is not the original default name, we do want it to appear. I
hope this helps. I'll try again to make sure I have my coding correct and
that I haven't done anything wrong. Thanks again for the help!

Aaron

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

[...]

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Is this what you mean?

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Aaron,

You can use this code which will do it automatically, no need to have a
toolbar button, or get them to push it.

Put this code in everyone's personal.xls, or create an add-in

Option Explicit

Private WithEvents app As Application

Private Sub app_WorkbookBeforePrint(ByVal Wb As Workbook, Cancel As Boolean)
With Wb.ActiveSheet
If .Name = .CodeName Then
.PageSetup.CenterHeader = ""
Else
.PageSetup.CenterHeader = "&A"
End If
With .PageSetup
.LeftHeader = "&D" & Chr(10) & "&T"
.CenterHeader = "&A"
.RightFooter = "&Z&F"
End With
End With
End Sub

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Set app = Application
End Sub

'This is workbook event code.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

[...]

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Is this what you mean?

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Bob,

Thanks for the coding, but I still want it to be a button that they click.
I already have the toolbar button set up without any problems. I erased all
of my coding and placed your original coding into the macro and it did
exactly the same thing. It still brings up Sheet1 at the top of the page on
a new workbook. Any other thoughts?

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

[...]

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Is this what you mean?

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Why would you want a button if it were automatic? Doesn't make sense to me.

Have you changed the codename of the sheets?

--

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

[...]

Is this what you mean?