Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default customised printing of multiple pivot charts & tables - unsure how to progress

Hi All,

I have a spreadsheet with multiple pivto table (2 per sheet on 12 sheets)
and charts/graphs (12 per sheet on 2 sheets).

I have created a userform for selecting what to print (ie, which sets of
data, print charts and / or tables) using checkboxes.Can anyone give me a
pointer for the best way to progress from here?!

I could probably sort out a for...next loop to print each one in turn, but i
wondered if there would be any way of compiling all of the bits i want to
print into a single print job... the icing on the cake would be to allow a
print preview (assigned to a separate button on the userform).

Also, whilst trying to sort this out i wondered if it is possible to name a
chart or pivot table as you would a named range (so that if the size of the
pivot table changed, this would also be picked up)? i can't work out how.

Thanks for any help,

Tim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You could have the code in your userform format the sheet by hidding rows
and columns for items which won't be printed, then grouping the appropriate
sheet and doing a ActiveWindow.SelectedSheet.PrintOut (or PrintPreview).

You can make the underlying datasources refered to by the pivottables be
dynamic ranges.

Insert Name Define
name: Table1Data
refersto: =Offset(Sheet1!A1,0,0,CountA(A:A),10)

as an example.

Tom Ogilvy