Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default GetObject error 429

Hi and please help!

I've got a procedure that opens an IE browser window to a specific web page
based on data from a cell and using

Set ie = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application")

but then I want to reuse the same IE browser window to repeat the procedure
using data from a different cell. I've tried using

Set ie = GetObject (, "InternetExplorer.Application")

but keep getting Error 429. Ideally I'd like to recognize the active IE
browser window by its Caption/Name because it remains the same for all data
used.

In other words, how do I tell Excel to look for a specific active IE browser
window before opening a new one, and while I have more than one IE browser
window open?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Brian

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Brian,
You have your reference (ie) to browser from CreateObject()
Just use that again.

NickHK

"Brian Delaney" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I can't really reference ie that
way. Ideally what I want is

If (web page is already open = ie) Then
ie = GetObject (,"InternetExplorer.Application")
Else
ie = CreatObject ("InternetExplorer.Application")
End If

The title of the web page in the IE browser remains the same for each
intended use (just refreshes with the new data) so I can reference it
consistently

YF = "Yahoo! Finance - Ticker Symbol Lookup"

but I can't figure out how to set that open web page to ie.

Brian

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Nick was talking about doing something like this:

At the top of a general module

Dim ie as Object

Sub dowork()
if ie is nothing then
Set ie = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application")
End if
ie.this
ie.that

Tom Ogilvy

"Brian Delaney" wrote in message
Hi Nick,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I can't really reference ie that
way. Ideally what I want is

If (web page is already open = ie) Then
ie = GetObject (,"InternetExplorer.Application")
Else
ie = CreatObject ("InternetExplorer.Application")
End If

The title of the web page in the IE browser remains the same for each
intended use (just refreshes with the new data) so I can reference it
consistently

YF = "Yahoo! Finance - Ticker Symbol Lookup"

but I can't figure out how to set that open web page to ie.

Brian

GetObject function R Avery Excel Programming 3 October 5th 04 07:20 PM
GetObject Michael Excel Programming 3 June 16th 04 01:28 PM
GetObject-question Tom Excel Programming 1 June 10th 04 05:17 PM
Is there a better option than Getobject to access a .xls? Dave F[_4_] Excel Programming 4 October 28th 03 02:24 PM
Excel Getobject error Jaya Excel Programming 4 July 17th 03 07:13 PM