Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
NickHK NickHK is offline

Default GetObject error 429

Brian,
You have your reference (ie) to browser from CreateObject()
Just use that again.

NickHK

"Brian Delaney" wrote in message
Hi and please help!

I've got a procedure that opens an IE browser window to a specific web

page
based on data from a cell and using

Set ie = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application")

but then I want to reuse the same IE browser window to repeat the

procedure
using data from a different cell. I've tried using

Set ie = GetObject (, "InternetExplorer.Application")

but keep getting Error 429. Ideally I'd like to recognize the active IE
browser window by its Caption/Name because it remains the same for all

data
used.

In other words, how do I tell Excel to look for a specific active IE

browser
window before opening a new one, and while I have more than one IE browser
window open?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Brian