Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Allow multiple read access and only 1 full control

Hi All

I have written a little excel program with macros in Excel 97. I woul
like to know if it is possible to allow multiple users to read th
document and allow only one person write access to the progam? Is i
also possible to monitor what information each user can see? Say
create three users, user1 and user2 can only see data I want them t
see and user3 can see all and is able to modify information in th
program.

The net only provides info for Excel 2003 (IRM). Is this possible i
Excel 97 or am I dreaming?

Thanks for all your help

Kind Regard

--
popp
poppy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1145

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

poppy,

For opening, do the following:

save the workbook with a password and a read only password. You keep
the password, and all other users only get the readonly password. This
way evereybody can open the sheet, but you can open and edit the sheet.
All at the same time.

Happy dreaming;) XL has no user level security control other that the
ones you program yourself. That said you can as standard hide the info
from your read only users, then your "super user" can still access the
data by lifting the protection and unhiding the hidden info.

BTW you can also start "sharing" a workbook, but that has it's own
repercussions.

DM Unseen