Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Select anything from IE and store in Excel

Hello Friends,

I have a need to select a certain text from web sites and transfer that data
into excel. Simply put as Copy and Paste information. This is for an
immediate need at my work place.

The requirement is as follows:

1) Select data from web sites(IE)
2) Right click
3) Transfer option to excel sheet to a particular coloumn or field.
4) I must be able to choose the workbook to which I want to do the transfer
ahead.
5) All the available fields in that work book must be available in the right
click option in IE.
6) Data must be added to the last data in the corresponding field of
excel.(Updated)

I do not know if all these can be accomplished using VBA by the main
Applications class. Or if a separate small program has to be created. I was
thinking of more like when an excel file is opened all the fileds in that
workbook's sheets would be available in the right click option of Internet
Explorer. All this to avoid the menial task of Copy and Paste from numerous
web sites.

I use Windows XP and Internet Explorer 6.

Please help/advice.

Thank you

Philip Jacob
Senior Executive Quality Appraisal