Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Store sorting argument in Excel

In Excel to sort an area on several columns, I have to select the columns
every time I want to resort the area. Can I store the sort argument for the
sheet to be used next time I want to sort the area?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,
One way: Turn on the macro recorder, then do your sort manually, as usual.
Turn off the macro recorder. Now every time you run that macro, it will sort
as you specify. You can record several macros, each sorting by different
criteria - ie sort by date, sort by value, sort by name, etc.
Is this what you mean?
Regards - Dave.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"Dave" wrote:

Hi,
One way: Turn on the macro recorder, then do your sort manually, as usual.
Turn off the macro recorder. Now every time you run that macro, it will sort
as you specify. You can record several macros, each sorting by different
criteria - ie sort by date, sort by value, sort by name, etc.
Is this what you mean?
Regards - Dave.

Hi

I compare to Excel-2003.
In 2003 I load an excel-fil with many rows, and the rows has among other a
column DATE and a column TEXT, and I want to sort on this columns.
I choose in menue DATA - Sort and enter the columns to sort. This goes
greate, I save the file and later on I open the file again add some new rows
in the bottom of the list, and choose Data - sort. When the pop up for
sorting arguments is shown the last used argument is remembered and I only
have to click Sort.
In 2007 excel I do the same manoeuvre as in 2003, BUT when to pop up is
displayed the argument values is gone, so I have to reenter this every time I
will do the sort of the spredsheet.
Can I achieve the same functionality in 2007 as in 2003?

Regards Kvant