Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default combobox problem

Hi all,

I have a problem that I am hoping someone will be able to help me with.

I have a worksheet that have a number of combo boxes on it (all containing
the same information), from with a button on the previous page activates the
worksheet in question and populates the combo boxes. First it clears the
contain. I do not want the value to be erased if there is one. Everytime I
run this procedure the value of the combo boxes are cleared aswell.

I am using sheet2.cbExpectQ1.clear to clear the contents, but as I have
mentioned the value is also erased.

I have tried to record the value, clear everything (including
sheet2.cbExpectQ1.value = "") and after populating the contents I have set
the value. This did not work as it activated the Click event procedure I
have on each combo box, which give a lot of flickering which is not
acceptable.

I am using Excel 2003 on XP. Any help or comments would be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Ashman
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I'm not sure about combobox events - but you could try turning off events
before you mess with the combobox (and I only work with xl2k)

Application.EnableEvents=False
' do your stuff to the combobox
Application.EnableEvents=True

--