Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Combobox Problem

I have posted this on 2 other excel forums and I am yet to get a
answer. Maybe someone here can help.

Combox with YES and NO
if Yes selected I want a userform to appear with three text boxes tha
are totalled
if you use the mouse it works fine
if you use the keyboard and type "y" the userform appears but doesn'
add the 3 text boxes in it??

Check out 'Another Forum
(http://www.ozgrid.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36774) for the exampl
spreadsheet posted.

Thanks,
Mik

--
blacktou
blacktour's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2536

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Why not use a MsgBox instead.

Dim x
x = MsgBox("Do you want to see the form?", vbYesNoCancel)

If x = vbYes then

elseif x = vbNo then

elseif x = vbCancel then

else

end if
--
steveB

Remove "AYN" from email to respond
"blacktour" wrote
in message ...

I have posted this on 2 other excel forums and I am yet to get an
answer. Maybe someone here can help.

Combox with YES and NO
if Yes selected I want a userform to appear with three text boxes that
are totalled
if you use the mouse it works fine
if you use the keyboard and type "y" the userform appears but doesn't
add the 3 text boxes in it??

Check out 'Another Forum'
(http://www.ozgrid.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36774) for the example
spreadsheet posted.

Thanks,
Mike

--
blacktour
blacktour's Profile:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I didn't want to do that because the people I am doing this for want i
to be quick and apparently an extra click is a hardship :

--
blacktou
blacktour's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2536
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38869

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Now I see it better...

You can use a single option button. Value set to false
When the form or worksheet (or ???) opens it can indicate "no" either in the
option button caption or elsewhere.
When it is clicked - the click event of the button can change the message
and call the form.
(or the option button can be on the form)

Or the option button can be set to True and do everything automatically, but
allow the user to click a cancel button to stop everything.

--
steveB

Remove "AYN" from email to respond
"blacktour" wrote
in message ...

I didn't want to do that because the people I am doing this for want it
to be quick and apparently an extra click is a hardship :(

--
blacktour
blacktour's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=388693

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for the reply. I guess there is no way to fix my current
problem? The idea was that as they were filling in the form they could
use mainly the keyboard so when they were typing to show the other
userform all they did was type "y".

Thanks,
Mike

--