Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Sorting columns

I am a member of a 12 team football league. I created a spreadsheet to
keep up with the scores standings ect. I am having trouble getting
excel to sort the winning percentages from high to low. Any help would
be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Please indicate what is happening instead of working.

I notice that you have a word in your subject that is not in your question.
The body of the question must have the complete question or you are
certainly not going to get quick and direct answers.

If you want to sort columns independent of the other data on the rows
then just select a that column then Data, Sort, the rest is
self explanatory, but you will have to pay attention to whether to
check the my data has headers or not.

If you want to sort several columns independently of the other
data on the rows, you will need a macro. See SortEachColumn2 macro at
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...ng.htm#special

I have a few web pages on sorting, you might want to check
them out to see if you find your answer or at least as a starting
point to ask a question that indicates what you really want.
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/sorting.htm
---
HTH,

"Bumfuzzled" wrote ...
I am a member of a 12 team football league. I created a spreadsheet to
keep up with the scores standings ect. I am having trouble getting
excel to sort the winning percentages from high to low. Any help would
be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You shouldn't be getting a problem, just select the columns, go to DataSort
and select the percentage column as the key.

But you don't mention what problem you get so it may be something else.

--

HTH

RP

oups.com...