Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Need a little more help with formatting!

First of all I want to say thanks to Tom for helping me out. I am
working with what was given to me but I still can't get it to work like
I want.

Location Device 1 Fail Comments & Notes
Location Device 2 Fail Comments & Notes
Location Device 1 Pass Comments & Notes
Location Device 3 Fail Comments & Notes
Location Device 4 Fail Comments & Notes
Location Device 4 Pass Comments & Notes
Location Device 3 Pass Comments & Notes
Location Device 8 Fail Comments & Notes
Location Device 8 Pass Comments & Notes
Location Device 1 Fail Comments & Notes

Exactly what I need to do is to make it so that when I enter a "Device
# Fail" then it turns bold.

I also think that I need to create an array with the different device
types and declare all the types in the array.

The next thing I need to do is to have excel see the bold failed device
and then copy the entire row that it is in to another sheet.

I have about 15 different device types and am able to only get one
device to become bold. I still have not gotten to work on copying rows
to another sheet so any help would be appreciated. I will keep working
with what I have and what I know.

--
hawaiian_native
hawaiian_native's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26351

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

for each cell in Range("C2:C100")
if Instr(1,cell.Value,"Fail",vbTextCompare) then
if not cell.Font.Bold then
cell.Font.bold = True
cell.EntrireRow.copy Destination:= _
worksheets("Failures").Cells(rows.count,1).End(xlu p)(2)
end if
else
cell.Font.bold = False
end if
Next

Assumes the strings you show are in C2 to C100

Tom Ogilvy

"hawaiian_native"
<hawaiian_native.1u0oam_1124463949.1259@excelfor um-nospam.com wrote in
message news:hawaiian_native.1u0oam_1124463949.1259@excelf orum-nospam.com...

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I just want to say thank you for the code that you have supplied.

I have tried both of the ways that you suggested but they still didn't
work.
I ended up using a long If then Else statement. So far what I want to
be bolded is now bold. Now my problem is figuring out how to get the
row that what is bolded to copy over to another sheet in the same
workbook.

I have attempted to use your code and modify it so that it looks for
only a row with a bolded cell but I have not succeeded yet.

Also the code that you have supplied works partially. By partially I
mean that it makes only one device type bold but does not copy to the
other sheet. The other problem is that I my sheet keeps refreshing
itself and just flickers at me.

If anyone could help out with copying an entire row that has a bolded
cell in it then I would be grateful.

--
hawaiian_native
hawaiian_native's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26351
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=397220

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I presume you fixed the typo in cell.EntrireRow.copy
changing it to cell.EntireRow.copy

The flickering you can change by turning off screen updating
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...htm#slowmacros

Looks to me like Tom's code does what you are asking for, unless
I don't understand the question or the answer. The worksheet
"Failues" must exist in your workbook. What did it do instead of work.

Since you are replying to Tom's reply you should have replied to his post
in this thread rather replying to your original post in this thread. That's why
they are called threads.

---
HTH,

news:hawaiian_native.1u1iud_1124503530.2575@excelf orum-nospam.com...