Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Array Formula question

Hi,

I have a user defined function in an xll add-in that is returning an
array.
But the dimensions of the array returned can differ from call to call.

Is there a way to produce this scenario with Excel C API.

* the user select a single cell
* the user enter a function name and args
* the user press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER
* the user defined function returns and array of x by y and the user
can see
it

p.s. Then only way I can output an array is by selecting many cells and

entering the formula, but I can't select the right number of cells
because I
don't know the size of the array that is returned.

I know I can do this by pressing F2 and then CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER, but is
there a way to entirely do this with the SDK?

Thanks

Nic

--
nicgendron