Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Array Formula question

No. the behavior is that you have to enter the formula in the number of
cells. You can enter it in the largest area that might be required - in
that case, the cells not used would return #N/A

Tom Ogilvy

"nicgendron" wrote
in message ...

Hi,

I have a user defined function in an xll add-in that is returning an
array.
But the dimensions of the array returned can differ from call to call.

Is there a way to produce this scenario with Excel C API.

* the user select a single cell
* the user enter a function name and args
* the user press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER
* the user defined function returns and array of x by y and the user
can see
it

p.s. Then only way I can output an array is by selecting many cells and

entering the formula, but I can't select the right number of cells
because I
don't know the size of the array that is returned.

I know I can do this by pressing F2 and then CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER, but is
there a way to entirely do this with the SDK?

Thanks

Nic

--
nicgendron