Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Status Bar Reset

I have forgotten how to do this and Help does not solve this problem.

All I need to know is how to Reset the statusbar to normal when a wokbook
closes or deactivates. (The open workbook has its own message when
activated)

Many Thanks
Neil

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 10:32:47 +0100, "Karoo News"
wrote:

I have forgotten how to do this and Help does not solve this problem.

All I need to know is how to Reset the statusbar to normal when a wokbook
closes or deactivates. (The open workbook has its own message when
activated)

Many Thanks
Neil

Application.Statusbar=""

Rgds
__
Richard Buttrey
Grappenhall, Cheshire, UK
__________________________
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

Try,

Application.Statusbar = False

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Good morning Karoo News

Application.StatusBar = False

HTH

Dominic

--
dominic
dominicb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1893

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Richard,

Application.Statusbar=""

There is a subtle problem with this.

From the intermediate window:

Application.StatusBar = "HELLO"
? Application.StatusBar
HELLO

Application.StatusBar = ""
? Application.StatusBar
False

Application.StatusBar = False
? Application.StatusBar
FALSE

The instruction: Application.Statusbar=""
replaces the statusbar message with an empty string and suppresses the
default message.

---
Regards,
Norman

"Richard Buttrey" wrote in
message ...
wrote:

I have forgotten how to do this and Help does not solve this problem.

All I need to know is how to Reset the statusbar to normal when a wokbook
closes or deactivates. (The open workbook has its own message when
activated)

Many Thanks
Neil

Application.Statusbar=""

Rgds
__
Richard Buttrey
Grappenhall, Cheshire, UK
__________________________

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 11:51:16 +0100, "Norman Jones"
wrote:

Hi Richard,

Application.Statusbar=""

There is a subtle problem with this.

From the intermediate window:

Application.StatusBar = "HELLO"
? Application.StatusBar
HELLO

Application.StatusBar = ""
? Application.StatusBar
False

Application.StatusBar = False
? Application.StatusBar
FALSE

The instruction: Application.Statusbar=""
replaces the statusbar message with an empty string and suppresses the
default message.

---
Regards,
Norman

Thanks Norman,

You live and learn - as they say.

I'd often thought, (but obviously not very deeply), that there was
perhaps something not quite right about .statusbar="".

Now I know.

Rgds
__
Richard Buttrey
Grappenhall, Cheshire, UK
__________________________
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

From the Help file: XL2000 (this does not work in XL97)

StatusBar Property Example

This example sets the status bar text to "Please be patient..." before it
opens the workbook Large.xls, and then it restores the default text.

oldStatusBar = Application.DisplayStatusBar
Application.DisplayStatusBar = True
Application.StatusBar = "Please be patient..."
Workbooks.Open filename:="LARGE.XLS"
Application.StatusBar = False
Application.DisplayStatusBar = oldStatusBarStatusBar Property ExampleThis
example sets the status bar text to "Please be patient..." before it opens
the workbook Large.xls, and then it restores the default text.oldStatusBar =
Application.DisplayStatusBar
Application.DisplayStatusBar = True
Application.StatusBar = "Please be patient..."
Workbooks.Open filename:="LARGE.XLS"
Application.StatusBar = False
Application.DisplayStatusBar = oldStatusBarMike F"Karoo News"