Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Tab Key reset

when I hit my tab key, it sends the active cell 17 spaces to the right,
instead of the next adjacent cell. How can I reset the tab key to only move
to the next adjacent cell?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Goto Tools|Options|transition and uncheck alternative keys box..

If this post helps click Yes
--------------
Jacob Skaria

"DKSteph" wrote:

when I hit my tab key, it sends the active cell 17 spaces to the right,
instead of the next adjacent cell. How can I reset the tab key to only move
to the next adjacent cell?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

In Lotus 1-2-3 the tab key was the Page Right and Shift Tab the Page Left
keys. When you leave transition keys on Excel immitates that behavior.
There is no need for these keys since that command can be done with Alt+PgDn
or Alt+PgUp without loosing the default behavior of the Tab keys. By the way
this command is the Page Right command and how many columns it moves depends
on the column width and the screen resolution and size.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire