Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Multiplying a row with the verticle sum of other rows

Hello all,

Since I learned about the marvelous possibilities of sumproduct
functions I use them more than any other funtion. But I didn't find a
solution yet to the simple problem of multiplying one row with the
verticle sum of two or more other rows, forming a rectangle with the
first one.

So suppose A1 tot D5 have a number each.

I want the following sum :
A1*(A2+A3+A4+A5)+ B1*(B2+B3+B4+B5) + C1*(C2+C3+C4+C5) etc. with the
shortest possible formula, presumably the SUMPRODUCT kind of thing.

Thank you very much for your time.

Herman

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
KL KL is offline