Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Conditional Format? - color if cell is modified by user

I have a VLOOKUP formula (B5) referencing adjacent cell (B4). If the user
chooses to override the value in the default cell (B5) I want the default
cell's fill color to turn red.

e.g.
if user enters "32" into cell B4 (which is an empty cell to begin w/) the
VLOOKUP formula in B5 checks another wrkbook and returns the default... say
".09".

the user chooses to ignore the default ".09" and enter in ".5" I want the
format to automatically change the fill color to red.

Any help greatly appreciated.
--
JS
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You could create a UDF to test for a formula

Function IsFormula(rng As Range)
IsFormula = rng.HasFormula
End Function

and use that in the CF, like so