-   -   Conditional Format? - color if cell is modified by user (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/336495-conditional-format-color-if-cell-modified-user.html)

jhs626

Conditional Format? - color if cell is modified by user

I have a VLOOKUP formula (B5) referencing adjacent cell (B4). If the user
chooses to override the value in the default cell (B5) I want the default
cell's fill color to turn red.

e.g.
if user enters "32" into cell B4 (which is an empty cell to begin w/) the
VLOOKUP formula in B5 checks another wrkbook and returns the default... say
".09".

the user chooses to ignore the default ".09" and enter in ".5" I want the
format to automatically change the fill color to red.

Any help greatly appreciated.
--
JS

Bob Phillips[_6_]

Conditional Format? - color if cell is modified by user

You could create a UDF to test for a formula

Function IsFormula(rng As Range)
IsFormula = rng.HasFormula
End Function

and use that in the CF, like so

=NOT(IsFormula(A1))

--

HTH

RP

"jhs626" wrote in message
I have a VLOOKUP formula (B5) referencing adjacent cell (B4). If the user
chooses to override the value in the default cell (B5) I want the default
cell's fill color to turn red.

e.g.
if user enters "32" into cell B4 (which is an empty cell to begin w/) the
VLOOKUP formula in B5 checks another wrkbook and returns the default...

say
".09".

the user chooses to ignore the default ".09" and enter in ".5" I want the
format to automatically change the fill color to red.

Any help greatly appreciated.
--
JS

Andibevan[_4_]

Conditional Format? - color if cell is modified by user

I am not sure I entirely understand your problems but could you not achieve
what you want using Data Validation?