Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default HELP : Excel 4 macros not working any more

I have Excel 2000 on Win 2000 running Excel 4 macros.
It has been working fine for years, until someone changed my Windows
Registry.
Now, some of the macro commands (on arrays) are no longer recognized.
Is there anyone out there who could advise?
Thanx
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Not sure, but you may be missing an add-in or a reference.

Check and see if anything is marked missing.

--
steveB

Remove "AYN" from email to respond
"Keske Saram" wrote in message
I have Excel 2000 on Win 2000 running Excel 4 macros.
It has been working fine for years, until someone changed my Windows
Registry.
Now, some of the macro commands (on arrays) are no longer recognized.
Is there anyone out there who could advise?
Thanx

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Do you mean in the Registry (I am not an expert!)
How can I check for something marked missing?
Thanx

On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 21:12:10 GMT, "STEVE BELL"
wrote:

Not sure, but you may be missing an add-in or a reference.

Check and see if anything is marked missing.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sorry, I can't help on Registry issues.

But in Excel you have Tools Add-ins
And in VBE you have Tools References

I vaguely remember an add-in or reference for Excel 4 macros.
Try Google Search.
Check out this site and see where it may lead you.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...B-0F446F74ED81

I really am not sure of what to look for, but it has been discussed in this
ng that often one or more references is marked as missing. And the cure
seems to be unchecking that reference.

Someone more versed than me will need to give you further help...

--

wrote:

Not sure, but you may be missing an add-in or a reference.

Check and see if anything is marked missing.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Appreciate you took the trouble
tx

On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 00:52:43 GMT, "STEVE BELL"
wrote:

Sorry, I can't help on Registry issues.

But in Excel you have Tools Add-ins
And in VBE you have Tools References

I vaguely remember an add-in or reference for Excel 4 macros.
Try Google Search.
Check out this site and see where it may lead you.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...B-0F446F74ED81

I really am not sure of what to look for, but it has been discussed in this
ng that often one or more references is marked as missing. And the cure
seems to be unchecking that reference.

Someone more versed than me will need to give you further help...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

what about regional settings in the control panel?
it affects excel variously. i don't know what is on your sheet but
if the macro depends on some regional settings, then it might not go well
in other environments.

--
HTH,

okaizawa

Keske Saram wrote:
I have Excel 2000 on Win 2000 running Excel 4 macros.
It has been working fine for years, until someone changed my Windows
Registry.
Now, some of the macro commands (on arrays) are no longer recognized.
Is there anyone out there who could advise?
Thanx

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Great!!!!
I tried that, and it worked.
(Somehow, my "list separator" entry in the Regional Settings of
Windows 2000 must have been changed, from "," to ";". Upon your
advice, I manually changed it back to "," and it works again
perfectly. Amazing.)
You are really an expert. I wish, I'll have some more opportunity to
meet you in the future.
Thank you and all the best to you

KS