Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Can I remove a VBAProject under macro control?

Our company headquarters, in Europe, has given all of us an Add-In which we
never use here in the US. It is forced on us at Excel startup. I have
turned off the space wasting toolbar they stuck along the left. Somewhere I
have the code that will remove the menu entry. (But it isn't space
wasting.) But with this addin still being around it causes problems
periodically where the row numbers along the left disappear. Under macro
control I can fix this, by turning this toolbar back on and then off again.
The entire project is protected. But since we don't use it, I was wondering
if upon starting up my workbook I can simply delete the entire VBAProject?

Don <www.donwiss.com (e-mail link at home page bottom).
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Don,

Suggestions:

1. Look in your xlstartup folder for the add-in and try renaming the file
extension.
2. Uncheck the add-in under Tools, Add-ins
3. View, Toolbars, Customise, add the Com Add-ins command (under Tools) to
your tools menu. Tools, Com Add-ins, see if you can remove the entry.

Robin Hammond
www.enhanceddatasystems.com

"Don Wiss" wrote in message
Our company headquarters, in Europe, has given all of us an Add-In which
we
never use here in the US. It is forced on us at Excel startup. I have
turned off the space wasting toolbar they stuck along the left. Somewhere
have the code that will remove the menu entry. (But it isn't space
wasting.) But with this addin still being around it causes problems
periodically where the row numbers along the left disappear. Under macro
control I can fix this, by turning this toolbar back on and then off
again.
The entire project is protected. But since we don't use it, I was
wondering
if upon starting up my workbook I can simply delete the entire VBAProject?

Don <www.donwiss.com (e-mail link at home page bottom).

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Tue, 2 Aug 2005, Robin Hammond wrote:

1. Look in your xlstartup folder for the add-in and try renaming the file
extension.

They have our C: drives locked down.

2. Uncheck the add-in under Tools, Add-ins
3. View, Toolbars, Customise, add the Com Add-ins command (under Tools) to
your tools menu. Tools, Com Add-ins, see if you can remove the entry.

I want to do this not to my machine, but to my user base. They are
scattered around the US. That is why I asked for under macro control.

Don <www.donwiss.com (e-mail link at home page bottom).
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Don,

Have you just tried closing it from VBA?

workbooks("ProcDB.xla").close

--

HTH

RP

"Don Wiss" wrote in message
On Tue, 2 Aug 2005, Robin Hammond wrote:

1. Look in your xlstartup folder for the add-in and try renaming the file
extension.

They have our C: drives locked down.

2. Uncheck the add-in under Tools, Add-ins
3. View, Toolbars, Customise, add the Com Add-ins command (under Tools)

your tools menu. Tools, Com Add-ins, see if you can remove the entry.

I want to do this not to my machine, but to my user base. They are
scattered around the US. That is why I asked for under macro control.

Don <www.donwiss.com (e-mail link at home page bottom).

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Tue, 2 Aug 2005, Bob Phillips wrote:

Have you just tried closing it from VBA?

workbooks("ProcDB.xla").close

Hey. That works! But one had better remove the menu entry first.

While playing with this I think I found a better way to solve my problem.
Previously I had just been making the toolbar not visible, and as I noted I
would have periodic problems with my row numbers disappearing. What I do
now is to Delete the toolbar. So far so good.

For those following this thread here is how I was/am getting rid of the
toolbar:

On Error Resume Next
Application.CommandBars("xxxx").Visible = False
Application.CommandBars("xxxx").Delete

And to remove the menu entry before closing the addin you use:

Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").Controls("xxxx").Delete

Don <www.donwiss.com (e-mail link at home page bottom).