Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Delete a blank row on spreadsheet

Hi all...my request for advice is a little different

I have a spreadsheet with a large amount of rows of data in it, but the data
is separated by a blank row in between different parts of the project.
However the blank row is at a random point...Might be after 6 rows of data,
then after 3 rows, then after 7 rows, etc. I'd like to delete those blank
rows?

Any help for the novice here?
Thanks in advance
Brad Zenner

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If there is a specific column that will have blank cells in just the rows
you want to delete

Sub DeleteBlankRows()
columns(5).specialCells(xlBlanks).Entirerow.delete
End Sub

change the 5 (column E) to reflect this column.

Tom Ogilvy

"Brad Zenner" wrote in message
Hi all...my request for advice is a little different

I have a spreadsheet with a large amount of rows of data in it, but the

data
is separated by a blank row in between different parts of the project.
However the blank row is at a random point...Might be after 6 rows of

data,
then after 3 rows, then after 7 rows, etc. I'd like to delete those blank
rows?

Any help for the novice here?
Thanks in advance
Brad Zenner

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

How about a filter?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Brad,

Take a look at Edit Go To Special Blanks
(do this on a single column)

Than do a single Edit Delete Entire Row

Record a macro and see how this works.

Play with the code and eliminate all the selecting.

--
steveB

Remove "AYN" from email to respond