Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Referencing Call to Another Project

Hello
I am working on a VBA project where I would like to call a procedure
from another project (workbook). First, does the project (workbook) need
to be open , and even when open I am having trouble referencing the call
to the procedure. I realize I can just copy the procedure into the
current workbook, but it is a procedure I realized may be useful in
other projects and thought I would put it into personal.xls and simply
call it when needed from there. I'm sure its possible to Call it, but I
think I'm just hung up on the correct reference syntax. Any help
appreciated.

Phil B.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Phil.,

Try:

Application.Run "OtherBook.xls!MacroName"

See Run in VBA help for more details.

---
Regards,
Norman

"Phil B" wrote in message
Hello
I am working on a VBA project where I would like to call a procedure from
another project (workbook). First, does the project (workbook) need to be
open , and even when open I am having trouble referencing the call to the
procedure. I realize I can just copy the procedure into the current
workbook, but it is a procedure I realized may be useful in other projects
and thought I would put it into personal.xls and simply call it when
needed from there. I'm sure its possible to Call it, but I think I'm just
hung up on the correct reference syntax. Any help appreciated.

Phil B.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Phil B" wrote in message

Hello
I am working on a VBA project where I would like to call a procedure from
another project (workbook). First, does the project (workbook) need to be
open , and even when open I am having trouble referencing the call to the
procedure. I realize I can just copy the procedure into the current
workbook, but it is a procedure I realized may be useful in other
projects and thought I would put it into personal.xls and simply call it
when needed from there. I'm sure its possible to Call it, but I think
I'm just hung up on the correct reference syntax. Any help appreciated.

Phil B.

Norman
Thank you for the response. It worked perfectly. I don't use these
user forums a lot but when I have they truely amaze me. When I look
around the world and see the state of things in general I wonder about
mankind. This may sound rediculous in repsonse to your help, but I
truely get a bit more faith in human beings. If the rest of the world
operated with the "helpfullness" and usually friendly nature of these
usergroups, I can't help but think it would be a much better place.
Again, thank you!

Phil Bourque