Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Automatic Shading

Hi all,

I have a spreadsheet which is dynamic and I would like it to highlight the
highest total in a row and then to colour it with the grey colour which I
think is 15.

How is this done?

Thanks in advance

Greg

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try Conditional Formatting:
1) Select the cells containing the totals
2) Select FormatConditional Formatting
3) From the dropdown list on the left select Formula Is
4) In the formula window paste the following formula. The formula assumes
that the cell range containing the totals is A10:J10. Change to suit:
"=A10=Max($A$10:$J$10)"
5) Click the Format button
6) Select the Patterns tab
7) Select the desired highlight colour

Regards,
Greg

"Greg" wrote:

Hi all,

I have a spreadsheet which is dynamic and I would like it to highlight the
highest total in a row and then to colour it with the grey colour which I
think is 15.

How is this done?

Thanks in advance

Greg

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

one way.....
set a cell with the max value of the row eg
=MAX(A1:IV1)
then use conditional formatting for the row with the condition
'Cell Value is' 'Equal to' and the reference to the cell with the MAX
formula in it
Choose the color of the condition you require.

--
Cheers
Nigel