MarkT

Default Automatic hi-lite or shading every other line

Is there a way to have Excel, when printing, shade or hi-light every other
line? I have a lengthly spreadsheet on 11 X17 paper, and a small font, so
viewing the sheet is hard. If every other line was hi-lighted, it might be
easier.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help!
cvgairport

Try using the following formula. First highlight the area that you want to
do a faux "green-bar". Then in Format/Conditional Formatting set condition
1to "Formula Is" and then type in:

=MOD(ROW(),2)=0

Then select the format that you would like to use - color or pattern. This
will produce the "every other line" formatting and will readjust the color or
pattern if you insert a new line.

Hope this helps,

Amy

"MarkT" wrote:

Is there a way to have Excel, when printing, shade or hi-light every other
line? I have a lengthly spreadsheet on 11 X17 paper, and a small font, so
viewing the sheet is hard. If every other line was hi-lighted, it might be
easier.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

t.bats wrote:

"MarkT" wrote:

Is there a way to have Excel, when printing, shade or hi-light every other
line? I have a lengthly spreadsheet on 11 X17 paper, and a small font, so
viewing the sheet is hard. If every other line was hi-lighted, it might be
easier.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help!

http://www.google.com/search?q=excel...ry+other+ row

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select range to format. Assume cell in upper left is cell A1, then
Format | Conditional Formatting
Condition 1: Formula Is "=MOD(ROW(A1),2)=0"
Push "Format" button
Select "Patterns" tab
Select desired background color
Ok all dialog boxes