Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Unable to ftp workbook with excel 2002

The code below to save an excel workbook to an ftp site works for excel 2003
but does not work in excel 2002.
Is there a way to get it to work for excel 2002?

Sub test()
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs
", FileFormat:=xlNormal
End Sub

get this message when running code in excel 2002.
Runtime error 1004
Method SaveAs of object _Workbook failed

Thanks
--
Brian
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
KL KL is offline

Hi Brian,

The following code works for me in both XL2000 and XL2002:

ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs "

Regards,
KL

"Brian" wrote in message
The code below to save an excel workbook to an ftp site works for excel
2003
but does not work in excel 2002.
Is there a way to get it to work for excel 2002?

Sub test()
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs
",
FileFormat:=xlNormal
End Sub

get this message when running code in excel 2002.
Runtime error 1004
Method 'SaveAs' of object '_Workbook' failed

Thanks
--
Brian

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi KL,
Thank you for your response.
I needed to be more precise in my original question,
The code i referenced earlier works in excel 2003 without an ftp
location already defined (as in the ftp locations referenced when
using the excel "save as" dialog box and ftp locations.
But using the same code in excel 2002 without an ftp location
defined, it will not work.

Is there a way to get this to work in excel 2002?

thanks,
Brian

--
Brian