Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Update vaules only with Macro

I have a source sheet ( which will change often) and a data entry sheet will
will be updated almost everyday. When the source sheet changes it will change
vaules in the data entry sheet.
I want to extract the vaules only out of the data entry sheet every time it
is updated into a main archive sheet in a user friendly way.
All sheets staying in the same workbook.
I recorded a macro to copy and paste the same rows and columns out of the
data entry sheet and into the archive sheet. But the vaules paste into the
same location everytime.
I want the user to click into a row of their choice (next empty one) and
click on a macro button to paste all new vaules into the archive.
What do I need to change in this macro to make it work ..
Thanks,
Barb

Sub Copyandpaste()
'
' Copyandpaste Macro
' Macro recorded 7/29/2005 by BSchwarz
'
' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+Shift+C
'
Range("A2:M395").Select
Selection.Copy
Sheets("KanbanOrders").Select
Range("A2").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste
Range("N35").Select

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sub Copyandpaste()
'
' Copyandpaste Macro
' Macro recorded 7/29/2005 by BSchwarz
'
' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+Shift+C
'
Dim rng as Range

set rng = Sheets("KanbanOrders") _
.Cells(rows.count,1).End(xlup)(2)

Range("A2:M395").Copy Destination:=rng

Tom Ogilvy

"Barbara" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It's working, but bringing over formulas, when I recorded the macro I did a
paste special with vaules only.
Can you make it do that?
thanks for you help,
Barb

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

Sub Copyandpaste()
'

"Barbara" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sub Copyandpaste()
'
' Copyandpaste Macro
' Macro recorded 7/29/2005 by BSchwarz
'
' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+Shift+C
'
Dim rng as Range

set rng = Sheets("KanbanOrders") _
.Cells(rows.count,1).End(xlup)(2)

Range("A2:M395").Copy
rng.pasteSpecial xlValues

Tom Ogilvy

"Barbara" wrote in message
Anyone???

"Barbara" wrote:

It's working, but bringing over formulas, when I recorded the macro I

did a
paste special with vaules only.
Can you make it do that?
thanks for you help,
Barb

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

Sub Copyandpaste()
'

"Barbara" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ok, it works but not the way I need it to. Maybe I didnt explain it very well.

3 - sheets in workbook
1 for archiving, 1 for data entry, 1 source sheet

The user will enter part numbers in one col, many rows. By entering the part
number it has a formula that is pulling in data automactically from the
source sheet.

I want her to archive the information automactically from the data entry
sheet to the archiving sheet after data entry for the day is completed,
because I will be sending her a new source sheet daily. Revision letters and
other info will change under the part numbers. But the part numbers will stay
the same.

This means there will be a different row for the "copy and paste" data to go
to everytime.

Right now the macro is taking a picture of the data entry sheet and pasting
values over to the archive sheet as it is for the day, but it is overwriting
what was pasted the day before. I need to be able to keep the old entries.

I know for a computer savy person, they would highlight what they entered
for the day, select the cell in the archive sheet they want it to paste in ,
right click and paste special/ vaules only.

I was just wanting to automate it for her to make it easier.

Is there a way to do that?

I am sorry I may have mislead you with my poorly recorded macro.

Barbara

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

Sub Copyandpaste()
'
' Copyandpaste Macro
' Macro recorded 7/29/2005 by BSchwarz
'
' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+Shift+C
'
Dim rng as Range

set rng = Sheets("KanbanOrders") _
.Cells(rows.count,1).End(xlup)(2)

Range("A2:M395").Copy
rng.pasteSpecial xlValues

Tom Ogilvy

"Barbara" wrote in message
Anyone???

"Barbara" wrote:

It's working, but bringing over formulas, when I recorded the macro I

did a
paste special with vaules only.
Can you make it do that?
thanks for you help,
Barb

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

Sub Copyandpaste()
'

"Barbara" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

set rng = Sheets("KanbanOrders") _
.Cells(rows.count,1).End(xlup)(2)

finds the next open cell in the sheet KanbanOrders by looking at column A.
It Column A isn't the right column to make this determination then you will
need to make an adjustment in the macro.

I can't see your sheet or your data - so I can only go by what you tell me.

for example you said:
when I recorded the macro I did a paste special with vaules only.

yet in your previous post, your code was clearly

ActiveSheet.Paste

which is not a pastespecial values.

in you previous code, you copied

Range("A2:M395").Select

so my assumption was that there was data in the last row in column A (even
if you had copied some unused rows). If this is not the case, then you have
to say what the case it.

If you want to paste in rows 2, 397, 792, 1187, etc on successive days, then
so state.

Tom Ogilvy

,
right click and paste special/ vaules only.

I was just wanting to automate it for her to make it easier.

Is there a way to do that?

I am sorry I may have mislead you with my poorly recorded macro.

Barbara

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

Sub Copyandpaste()
'
' Copyandpaste Macro
' Macro recorded 7/29/2005 by BSchwarz
'
' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+Shift+C
'
Dim rng as Range

set rng = Sheets("KanbanOrders") _
.Cells(rows.count,1).End(xlup)(2)

Range("A2:M395").Copy
rng.pasteSpecial xlValues

Tom Ogilvy

"Barbara" wrote in message
Anyone???

"Barbara" wrote:

It's working, but bringing over formulas, when I recorded the macro

did a
paste special with vaules only.
Can you make it do that?
thanks for you help,
Barb

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

Sub Copyandpaste()
'

"Barbara" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Ok, I am sorry, I thought I had recorded a paste values, I guess I didnt.

Also My goof was "Yes" there will be data in Col "A", but I forgot to put
anything in that col. I was only testing with date coming into other col. See
Col will be entered manually and I was only testing what was comming in
through a VLOOKUP.

It works fine,Thank you very much you have been extreamly helpful,
Barbara

"Barbara" wrote in message
[...]

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

Sub Copyandpaste()
'
' Copyandpaste Macro
' Macro recorded 7/29/2005 by BSchwarz
'
' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+Shift+C
'
Dim rng as Range

set rng = Sheets("KanbanOrders") _
.Cells(rows.count,1).End(xlup)(2)

Range("A2:M395").Copy
rng.pasteSpecial xlValues

Tom Ogilvy

"Barbara" wrote in message
Anyone???

"Barbara" wrote:

It's working, but bringing over formulas, when I recorded the macro

did a
paste special with vaules only.
Can you make it do that?
thanks for you help,
Barb

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

Sub Copyandpaste()
'

"Barbara" wrote in message
[...]

find and add vaules MLT Excel Worksheet Functions 1 August 3rd 08 07:14 PM
If no value in a1 how do I get a2 a3 a4 a5 a6 a7 a8 not to show their vaules pano Excel Worksheet Functions 4 February 11th 07 05:09 AM
Truning 0 vaules red bz Excel Worksheet Functions 1 March 31st 06 11:26 PM
unique vaules byru Excel Programming 2 November 11th 04 04:15 PM
Update info in a worksheet dinamically when a drop box change its vaules Jaime Matus Excel Programming 0 September 8th 04 08:39 PM