Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Starting Userform

Can I start a UserForm from another workbook and eventually even
have the workbook with the UserForm hidden?
Regards
Mats
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Mats Samson" wrote in message
Can I start a UserForm from another workbook and eventually even
have the workbook with the UserForm hidden?

Hi Mats,

Yes. The standard way to do this is to make the workbook containing the
UserForm an add-in (set the IsAddin property of its ThisWorkbook object to
True in the Properties Window). You can then create a procedure in the
add-in that shows the UserForm and call this procedure from any other
workbook you like.

--
Rob Bovey, Excel MVP
Application Professionals

* Take your Excel development skills to the next level.
* Professional Excel Development
http://www.appspro.com/Books/Books.htm

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Mats,

One way:

In Book1:

Sub MyUserform
Userform1.Show
End Sub

Hide Book1

'====================

In Book2:

Sub Test
Application.Run "Book2!MyUserform"
End Sub

---
Regards,
Norman

"Mats Samson" wrote in message
Can I start a UserForm from another workbook and eventually even
have the workbook with the UserForm hidden?
Regards
Mats

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Mats,

When replying, I did not see that you already had a response from Rob
Bovey.

---
Regards,
Norman